“Me against the World” este al 3-lea album solo al lui 2pac și a fost lansat în data de 14 martie 1995 prin Interscope, Atlantic, Out Da Gutta Records, piesele fiind produse de Easy Mo Bee, Sam Bostic, D-Flizno Production Squad, Brian G, Shock G, Johnny "J", Mike Mosley, Tony Pizarro, Soulshock & Karlin, Le-morrious "Funky Drummer" Tyler, Moe Z.M.D..
|1.||"Intro"||Tony Pizarro, Jill Rose (co.)||1:40|
|2.||"If I Die 2Nite"||T. Shakur, B. Wright, W. Clarke, N. Durham, O.S. Harvey, Jr.||Easy Mo Bee||4:01|
|3.||"Me Against the World" (featuring Dramacydal & Puff Johnson)||T. Shakur, M. Ripperton, R. Rudolph, L. Ware, B. Bacharach, H. David||Soulshock and Karlin||4:40|
|4.||"So Many Tears"||T. Shakur, G. Jacobs, R. Walker, E. Baker, S. Wonder||D-Flizno Production Squad (Shock G & Stretch)||3:59|
|5.||"Temptations"||T. Shakur, R. Troutman, L. Troutman, S. Murdock, G. Clinton, Jr., G. Shider, D. Spradley, O.S. Harvey, Jr.||Easy Mo Bee||5:00|
|6.||"Young Niggaz"||T. Shakur, N. Leftenat, C. Singleton, T. Jenkins, L. Blackmon, L. Tyler||Moe Z.M.D.||4:53|
|7.||"Heavy in the Game" (featuring Richie Rich, Ebony Foster & Lady Levi)||T. Shakur, M. Mosley, S. Bostic||Mike Mosley, Sam Bostic||4:23|
|8.||"Lord Knows"||T. Shakur||Brian G, Moe Z.M.D. (add.), Tony Pizarro (add.)||4:31|
|9.||"Dear Mama"||T. Shakur, J. Sample, T. Pizarro||Tony Pizarro, DF Master Tee & Moses (co.)||4:40|
|10.||"It Ain't Easy"||T. Shakur, T. Pizarro||Tony Pizarro||4:53|
|11.||"Can U Get Away"||T. Shakur, Michael Mosley, F. Beverly||Mike Mosley||4:54|
|12.||"Old School"||T. Shakur, J. Buchanan, D. Tilery||Soulshock, Jay-B (co.), Ezi Cut (co.)||4:40|
|13.||"Fuck the World" (featuring Shock-G)||T. Shakur, G. Jacobs||Shock G||4:13|
|14.||"Death Around the Corner"||T. Shakur, J. Jackson||Johnny "J"||4:07|
|15.||"Outlaw" (featuring Dramacydal)||T. Shakur, Moe Z.||Moe Z.M.D.||4:32|
Credits for Me Against the World adapted from Allmusic and from the album liner notes.
- Art Director: Eric Altenburger
- Co-Producers: DF Master Tee, Ezi Cut, Jay-B, Moses, Jill Rose
- Designer: Eric Altenburger
- Engineers: Paul Arnold, Kevin "KD" Davis, Jay Lean, Eric Lynch, Bob Morris, Tim Nitz, Tony Pizarro, Mike Schlesinger
- Guitar: Ronnie Vann
- Mixing Engineers: Paul Arnold, Kevin "KD" Davis, Jeff Griffin, Jay Lean, Tony Pizarro, SoulShock
- Performers: Dramacydal, Richie Rich
- Producers: Easy Mo Bee, Sam Bostic, D-Flizno Production Squad, Brian G, Shock G, Johnny "J", Karlin, Mike Mosley, Tony Pizarro, SoulShock, Le-morrious "Funky Drummer" Tyler, Moe Z.M.D.
- Vocals: Tupac Shakur, Kim Armstrong, Eboni Foster, Reggie Green, Puff Johnson, Jill Rose, Richard Serrell, Natasha Walker
- 2Pac - Temptations
"Temptations" is a song by rap artist Tupac Shakur (2Pac) from the album Me Against the World. It was released as a single on June 4, 1996, and was released as a CD, cassette, and 12" promo. While rapping is solely performed by Shakur, Erick Sermon and producer Easy Mo Bee are also featured in the song, primarily as background vocalists. The song uses the bassline from the "Computer Love", and the theme focuses on relationship and infidelity issues. Debuting at number sixty-eight on the Billboard Hot 100, the song did fairly well in the United States. It was also well received by critics, with many writers commenting on its romantic tone.
The song's music video does not have any shots of Shakur, since he was incarcerated at the time. Instead, the video features many celebrities such as Coolio, Ice-T, Adina Howard, and Warren G. Taking place in a hotel, the video opens and closes with the concierge (Ice-T) complaining about Coolio (a bellboy). The main plot of the video follows Coolio while he is working in the hotel.
- (T. Shakur, G. Jacobs, R. Walker, E. Baker, S. Wonder; Joshua's Dream/Interscope Pearl Music/Warner-Tamerlane
- Publishing Corp./ Grand Imperial Thug Music/Pubhowyalike Music, BMI/Triboy Music Publishing/Black Bull
- Music/Jobete Music Co., ASCAP.)
- Produced by D-Flizno Production Squad for Stayin' Biznizzy Productions
- Engineered by Mike Schlesinger & Tim Nitz
- Recorded and Mixed at Southcastle Studios
- Background Vocals: Thug Life, Digital Underground (appears courtesy of Tommy Boys Records) & Stretch
- Keyboards: The Piano Man
- Guitar: Eric "Kenya" Baker
- Contains a sample from "That Girl" (Stevie Wonder; Black Bull Music/Jobete Music Co., Inc., ASCAP), as recorded by Stevie Wonder, under license from Motown Records.
2Pac - Dear Mama
"Dear Mama" is a song by American hip hop recording artist 2Pac, released on February 21, 1995 as the lead single from his third studio album, Me Against the World (1995). The song is a tribute to his mother, Afeni Shakur. In the song, Shakur details his childhood poverty and his mother's addiction to crack cocaine, but argues that his love and deep respect for his mother supersede bad memories. The song topped the Billboard Hot Rap Singles chart for five weeks and also peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100. The single was certified Platinum by the RIAA on July 13, 1995.
"Dear Mama" has been consistently ranked among the best of its genre, appearing on numerous "greatest" lists. In 2010, the song was added to the National Recording Registry in the Library of Congress, who deemed it a work that is "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States." In a press release, the organization called the song "a moving and eloquent homage to both the murdered rapper's own mother and all mothers struggling to maintain a family in the face of addiction, poverty and societal indifference."